Friday, December 9, 2011

Heaven's Grocery Store By Ron DeMarco

I was walking down life's highway
a long, long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read,
"HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE."

As I got a little closer,
the door opened wide,
and I found myself standing inside.

I saw a host of ANGELS.
They were standing everywhere.
One handed me a basket and said,
"My Child, shop with care."

"Everything a human needed
was in that grocery store.
And if you couldn't carry it all,
you could come back the next day for more.

First, I got some PATIENCE.
LOVE was in the same row.
Further down was UNDERSTANDING,
you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of WISDOM,
a bag or two of FAITH.
I just couldn't miss the HOLY GHOST,
for it was all over the place.
I stopped to get some STRENGTH and
COURAGE TO HELP ME RUN THIS RACE.

By then my basket was getting full,
but I remembered I needed some GRACE.
I didn't forget SALVATION,
for SALVATION was free.

So I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.
Then I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill.

For I thought I had everything to do the MASTER'S will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER;
and I just had to put that in,
for I knew when I stepped outside,
I would run into sin.
PEACE and JOY were plentiful;
they were last on the shelf.
SONG and PRAISE were hanging near,
so I just helped myself.
Then I said to the angel,
"Now, how much do I owe?"

He smiled and said, "
MY CHILD, GOD PAID YOUR BILL A LONG, LONG TIME AGO

No comments:

Post a Comment