Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mind Blowing Interview !


Year 2008
Interviewer - Tell me about yourself.
Candidate - I am … … …
I did my Tele Communications Engineering from BabanRao Dhole-Patil Institute of Technology.

Interviewer - BabanRao Dhole-Patil Institute of Technology? I had never heard of this college before!
Candidate - Great! Even I had not heard of it before getting an admission into it .. What happened is – due to cricket world cup I scored badly! in 12th.I was getting a paid seat in a good college. But my father said (I prefer to call him ‘baap’) – “I cannot invest so much of money”. (The baap actually said – “I will never waste so much of money on you”). So I had to join this college. Frankly speaking this name – BabanRao Dhole-Patil, can at the most
be related to … …

Interviewer - ok, ok. It seems you have taken 6 years to complete your engineering.
Candidate - Actually I tried my best to finish it in 4 years. But you know, these cricket matches and football world cup, and tennis tournaments. It is difficult to concentrate. So I flunked in 2nd & 3rd year. So in all I took 4 + 2 = 7 years.

Interviewer - But 4+2 is 6.
Candidate - Oh, is it ? Math has not been my favorite subject. But I will try to keep this in mind 4+2 is 6, good, thanks.
These cricket matches really affect exams a lot.. I think they should ban it.

Interviewer - Good to know that you want cricket matches to be banned.
Candidate - No, no… I am talking about Exams!!

Interviewer - Ok, What is your biggest achievement in life?
Candidate - Obviously, completing my Engineering. My mom never thought I would complete it . In fact, when I flunked in 3rd year she was looking for a job for me in BEST (Bus Corporation in Maharashtra) through some relative.

Interviewer - Do you have any plans of higher studies?
Candidate - Ha ha he he he.. Are you kidding? Completing ‘lower’ education itself was so much of pain!!

Interviewer - Let’s talk about technical stuff. What platforms are you experienced on?
Candidate - Well, I work at SEEPZ, so you can say Andheri is my current platforms. Earlier I was at Vashi center. So Vashi was my platform then. As you
can see I have experience of different platforms! (Vashi and Andheri are the places in Mumbai)

Interviewer - And which languages have you used?
Candidate - Marathi, Hindi, English. By the way, I can keep quiet in German, French, Russian and many other languages.

Interviewer - Why VC is better than VB?
Candidate - It is a common sense – C comes after B. So VC is a higher version than VB. I heard very soon they are coming up with a new language VD!

Interviewer - Do you know anything about Assembly Language?
Candidate - Well, I have not heard of it, But I guess, this is the language our ministers and MPs use in assembly.

Interviewer - What is your general project experience?
Candidate - My general experience about projects is – most of the times they are in pipeline!

Interviewer - Can you tell me about your current job?
Candidate - Sure, Currently I am working for Bata Infotech Ltd. Since joining BIL I am on Bench. Before joining BIL, I used to think that Bench was another software like Windows.

Interviewer - Do you have any project management experience?
Candidate - No, but I guess it shouldn’t be difficult. I know Word and Excel. I can talk a lot. I know how to dial for International phone call and use speaker facility. And very important – I know few words like – ‘Showstoppers‘, ‘hot fixes’, ‘SEI-CMM’, ‘quality’, ‘version control’, ‘deadlines’ , ‘Customer Satisfaction’ etc. Also I can blame others for my mistakes!

Interviewer - What are your expectations from our company?
Candidate - Not much.
1.     I should at least get Rs 40k in hand each month
2.      I would like to work on a live EJB project, but it should not have deadlines. I personally feel that pressure affects natural talent.
3.      I believe in flexi-timings.
4.     Dress Code is against basic freedom, so I would like to wear t-shirt and jeans.
5.     We must have sat-sun off. I will suggest Wednesday off also, so as to avoid breakdown due to overwork.
6.     I would like to go abroad 3 times a year on short term preferably for 1-2 months assignments. Personally I prefer US, Australia and Europe. But
considering the fact that there are Olympics coming up in China in the current year, I don’t mind going there in that period.
As you can see I am modest and don’t have many expectations. So can I assume my selection is done?
Interviewer - Ha he he ha ha ha. Thanks for your interest in our organization. In fact we were never entertained so much before. Welcome to the Company.

The fellow was appointed in a newly created section ‘Stress Management’ in the HRD of an IT Company

Moral of the story:

-          Excellence is not the only thing needed, It’s the unique quality of a Person which can let anyone to Success.
-          Work on Your own field / strengths rather than following somebody else's path.

No comments:

Post a Comment